Though there are numerous curtains companies scattered all over Surrey, homeowners often have a tough time choosing the best curtains which match their home decor. The right product can add a touch of glamour to any room by reflecting your personality. Your interiors won’t look complete without proper shades and curtains. If you want to invest in the right curtains, not only should you approach a reputed curtain company but also follow a few do’s and don’ts.
4 Do’s To Follow When Selecting Curtains In Surrey
- Understand the purpose of the curtains. The one which will provide a splash of color will be entirely different from one offering darkness, privacy or warmth. The temperature of a room can be controlled using lined panels.
- Consider the color and pattern. Curtains consume a lot of visual space and so their color and pattern impact the room’s look.
- Measure the width of the window and ensure that the size of the curtains is double the window’s width or more than that. Puddle them on the floor if you want an elegant and rich look.
- Choose the right fabric which matches your needs. If you want a versatile fabric that is easy to clean, visit a renowned curtains company in Surrey and buy beautiful cotton curtains. Velvet though being luxurious can become a bit heavy for small rooms.
2 Don’ts To Follow When Selecting Curtains In Surrey
- Don’t ignore the hardware as it is necessary for the curtain rods to match the fabric. If you are buying large and heavy drapes like velvets, install decorative rods. Dainty rods are suitable for curtains made using light silk.
- Don’t ignore the finials as the visual appeal of the curtains and curtain rod is largely dependent on them. Finials provide the right finishing touch to the end of the curtain rod.
These being said, it’s time you follow the do’s and don’ts stated above and choosing the best curtains for your room will become easier.